Green Smart Cities, 2020 – The logo of Green Smart Cities is to create liveable, prosperous, and sustainable societies for our future. The trend needs to be about the upcoming green economy with the help of political, economical, and technological aspects in cities. It is about growing with a future better rather than contemplating the outcomes at a later stage. Well, for this reason, UN sustainable Development goals were fixed, while the countries took their measures to have better development opportunities. They started by Kyoto Protocol with the call for Sustainable Development. In 2020, we are taking steps that will make the cities greener, better, and sustainable. It should not just be a trend anymore but an Emergency, since irreversible climate change is happening now.
IDEATION OF THE THOUGHT BEHIND GREEN CITIES:
Cost-effective future smart energy systems that integrate multiple energy infrastructures (electricity, thermal, transportation) are developed in real life, allowing citizens, public institutions, and private actors alike to contribute to the development and exploration of emerging energy solutions.
GREEN CITIES: A CONCEPT
It is to improve the quality of life for citizens, animals and creates harmony for people to live in such a situation. With the increased IT products and applications, there is an increase in demand to manufacture it. The Green IT initiative is making the products, manufacturing in an eco-friendly manner, the US Environmental Protection Agency launched the Energy Star program in 1992. The adoption of green IT can help address challenges in ensuring sustainability in smart cities.
There are various problems and their solutions :
- Increased demand for computers which could be solved by Inter-Software recycling.
- Emission of greenhouse gases which could be solved by the Power Management system.
- Consumption of more energy and resources could be solved by Material Recycling.
MAINTENANCE OF SMART CITIES:
Smart technologies can be costly and consume more resources. Excessive consumption of resources may lead to the unsustainability of smart cities. The maintenance has always been a greater problem than just creating them.
In today’s world where the technology refresh cycle is rapid, computing devices become obsolete fast. Climate Change and advancement has given us all a lot to think upon. Decision Makers who run the idea of implementing this find a technological fix, they go for things such as pursuing things such as digitization of the whole city, putting smart urban furniture, and urban designing in that region. The is a revolution needed for the eco-climatic movement, just like humans have been destroying the ecosystem, it would be clear and evident to think that they could reverse the consequences of their own doings.
Telecommunication and economy infrastructure paid more importance to the privatized and more deregulated industries. They can exacerbate inequality due to resource allocation, innovation, and infrastructure when required. Telecoms play an important role in the development of urban infrastructure. The cities are visioned to be made clear, and articulate.
There are three main areas of infrastructure :
- Green Buildings: Green building is a holistic concept that starts with the understanding that the built environment can have profound effects, both positive and negative, on the natural environment, as well as the people who inhabit buildings every day. The first step is to know that green buildings one by one can take over and make great energy resources, while they can also influence the current scenario where architects can take better care of such things.
- Smart-Grid: Smart-Lighting: Energy utilization & management schemes at home, business, and industry have been successfully implemented in the context of the smart grid. But the public street light system has not been taken under serious consideration. The conventional street light system is the potential consumer of electricity, and a large amount of electricity wasted.
- Smart Mobility: Smart mobility is restricting transportation to km which does not exploit resources such as fuel which is already increasing in price and lessening in the amount. Public Transport will make much more sense in these circumstances while commuting is an integral part of daily mundane tasks. Therefore, it should be taken care of while being used. They could introduce alternatives such as electric cars which can run on power and can be produced from various resources.
The basic requirements of a green smart city are the availability of requirements such as Better transportation, telecoms, urban furniture, security, proper infrastructure, and less exploitation while having more care for greenery and economy.