No doubt, Social media has increased human interactions within seconds up to a considerable level. Whatsapp is the most used instant messaging app for this decade. So regular updates are the highly focussed concept of WhatsApp to increase the users. The changelog of WhatsApp has recently come with a new and quite beneficial feature addition. A couple of weeks ago, WhatsApp introduced an advantageous feature for its android users that is call waiting facility. As the name suggests, when you are already talking to a WhatsApp user, you will now get to know whether any other WhatsApp user is also trying to call you at the same time. Earlier, when somebody would try to call you on WhatsApp while you were already talking, they would hear it ring, but no one would answer. The call would then get disconnected, and you would see a “Missed Call” later on.
With this new feature, you will get an alert in the middle of the call, as well as an option to disconnect the existing call and talk with the new caller. You also get an opportunity to choose to ignore the original caller. There is no call hold facility, so you will need to either disconnect the call or keep talking when you get a new incoming call alert.
The call waiting for the feature is now available in v2.19.352 stable and above of WhatsApp, and v2.19.128 (APK Mirror) of WhatsApp Business. If you want it on your phone, update it to the latest version of WhatsApp.
Main highlights of the new feature:-
- The original call waiting feature will now let a user see an incoming WhatsApp call even if they are already on a request.
- The new feature will allow users to accept or reject the original call. On hold is not yet possible.
- The feature is available with the new WhatsApp version 2.19.352 that can be downloaded from Google Play store
How it’s different from call waiting during calls:-
- While the name of the feature is call waiting, it is slightly different from call waiting during calls.
- Unlike call waiting during cellular calls, in WhatsApp call waiting, users will not be able to put the call on hold. During the call, we can hold one call and hence, simultaneously can talk to two people at the same time. Till now, this call holding feature is not available in WhatsApp calls.
So what the call waiting feature on WhatsApp does is this:
- If you are already on a WhatsApp call, you will be able to see if there is a new call coming on your WhatsApp number.
- Once you know this call, you will get the option to either accept it or reject it. You will not be able to put it on hold or put on hold the call that you are already attending.
- In other words, you have to prioritize and make a choice. You want to continue with your old request, or want to disconnect and take the new request.
In the era of instant calls without additional charges on Whatsapp, such updations will surely attract the users. Indeed, this newly added feature will be beneficial in case you want to attend any prioritized call in between of already continuing the call with someone.
How to activate call waiting on Whatsapp
Android Stock Options
- Open Call Settings. From your home screen, go to Call Functions by tapping the menu button. Call Settings Menu.
- Select Call Waiting. While in the Settings menu, tap on Call Waiting. …
- Toggle Call Waiting On. If you want to enable Call Waiting, all you have to do is toggle the feature on
Call waiting is a telecommunication service offered by a telephone service provider to a subscriber by which the subscriber may suspend a telephone call already in progress to accept a second call. The subscriber may switch between calls, typically by using the hook flash signal.
How do I stop call waiting:-
If needed, call waiting can be disabled in any specific request. To disable this feature, the following steps are to be followed –
- Turn Off Call Waiting
- Pick up your telephone and dial *70; you will hear two short beeps followed by the dial tone, indicating that Call Waiting has been temporarily de-activated.
- Make your call.
- Call Waiting will be re-activated automatically when you end the current call.
Why WhatsApp calls are preferred:-
In the content mentioned above, we had thoroughly gone through new features of WhatsApp, i.e. Call waiting during calls. But when we have a quite good option of calling without or minimal pay on standard calls, why to prefer WhatsApp calls.
The most crucial reason behind the increasing sphere of WhatsApp calls is their inability to be traced. Whatsapp has come with an extraordinary end to end encryption for messages and calls too. This is why users are shaking hands with WhatsApp calls rather than cellular ones.
Only individual users will be able to decode the messages sent to them. That means police and law enforcement officers won’t be able to get WhatsApp to turn over messages or wiretap calls if they think that one of the company’s billion users is talking about criminal activity on the app.
Social media has become a changing point for today’s generation. Since the development of social media, people have found a way out of isolated lifestyles, so natural evolutions and needed updates are proving a vital tool. They have found an outlet for them to freely express themselves and make their voices to be heard through social platforms. Several studies that focus on the relation between social media and education have been conducted in recent years like WhatsApp education groups. Students can learn sitting at distances through video sharing and to call. Hence evolution in this app world has proven to be mandatory. So Whatsapp is taking its step in this direction.